Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Fujitsu fi-6130 Duplex Scanner (PA03540-B055)

Fujitsu fi-6130 Duplex Scanner (PA03540-B055)
          by Arial S
This has been a frustrating experience. I have owned the Fujitsu Scansnap S510 for years and have been pleased with it except for the constant misfeeds. I found I could get an appropriate function on the S510 if I monitored it and refed the missed sheets. I bought the Fujitsu fi-6130 because I needed a more reliable and more industrial strength model for the giant volume of elderly and new files I needed to archive. This scanner is definitely faster than a new S1500M which I also bought.
Now the issue is the setup. It comes with a jumbo of disjointed and overlapping application without any actual guidance on what to do. The included ScanALL application is not at all like the elegant and now more appreciated proprietary fujitsu Scansnap Manager which works only on the Scansnap line of fujitsu scanners. The first batch I fed it with one legal size page and 6 letter size copies kept jamming on the legal page. It was not automatically recognized as a mixed size batch. I called tech support and they told me to tweak the settings to legal sz with finish of page sensor on. Same issue with color and B&W copies in same batch. You require to choose to do B&W and lose the color on the letterhead or scan the whole batch as color, needlessly ballooning your file size. I gave up and scan in B&W. The Scansnap did the mixed copy sizes and the mixed color/B&W and paused to let you name and store the file where you wanted it. The fi-6130 under Adobe Acrobat scans in every doc as untitled1 and I must rename it before saving it. It is either that or lose control of the way you name the file.
Fujitsu tech support tells me all the former Scansnap users are disappointed with the application on the twain compliant scanners like the fi-6130. is not the same thing. To sum it up, the redemptive qualities of this scanner are faster speed and more reliable paper handling. Otherwise I like the Scansnap line better in the look and feel and operation.

2 comments:

  1. that;s perfect...thanks so much and provide some thing more'
    Truck Driving Jobs
    Driver Jobs
    Driving Jobs

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first batch I fed it with one legal size page and 6 letter size copies kept jamming on the legal page. It was not automatically recognized as a mixed size batch.
    open face helmets

    ReplyDelete